Wednesday, September 29, 2010

TCMC Party!

Last weekend was the TCMC end of summer party.  I was in charge of it - I hate being in charge!  Worked out OK - we cooked a pork shoulder in a wood broiler, a great site (The Gas-Lite in Trimbelle, WI).  After the pig was done it was drinking time for me - yea!

A couple of Pics:

The Gas-Lite
The camping area in back, w/ the Trimbelle river running through it

The Pork shoulder (my first!)


We had a couple of banners - and some interesting places to put 'em.


Pics by Don the Road Captain

2 comments:

Chris Beason said...

I know what you mean about being in charge. I hate it too! I got voted in as the HBIC (Head B* In Charge) of the ol' ladies in my husband's MC. So they know their get togethers will be taken care of, but man...what a pain sometimes! Knowing that everyone had a good time makes it worth it though. By the way, that pork roast looks good! Love the banner on the porta-potty!

VBecky said...

HBIC - I like that! You should get a shoulder patch or something.

That's the kind of "reward" you get for showing up and being reliable and helpful.

I get all worked up about being in charge, but you're right - when everything works out it feels good.