Sunday, September 12, 2010

Late for the ride

Okay, so Saturday it was my birthday, and the club was doing a ride.  I loaded the map into the GPS, filled the tank, and set out for the start point, Denny's.  I got there at 10:30, and there was only one bike.  Turns out  that, unlike our other rides, this one started at 10 AM.  The other bike was Tara, and she also thought the ride started at 10:30.  But the road captain had moved the time up, because the days are getting shorter.

So Tara and I are at least 30 minutes behind the ride.  So I thought about where we could meet them.  Then I thought, well we have the map, and we can do the same ride, even if it's just two of us. So we did.

We did it kind of fast, and just before 12:30, we caught up to the club when they all stopped for gas.

I'm glad I had the map, and experience leading rides before.

1 comment:

Chris Beason said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you all had a lack of communication. Good thing you had the map though so you and Tara could still ride. Hope you gave them a hard time about it being your birthday and leaving you behind!