Thursday, July 22, 2010

Tale of Two Lakes Ride

This ride went really well.  I liked the route - I was a litle worried no one would show up because it was far north from the 694 / 494 beltway, but we had 15 folks.  Even though it was a rookie ride, we had no real rookies.  We were light on officers for blocking, but "drafted" Joel, and Don and Len were busy. 

I made one wrong turn in the middle of a tricky section.  It was right after a deer jumped out in front of me, so I'm claiming he distracted me. 

Ending point at was at the Little Bar in White Bear Lake.  The West Bank Motorcycle Club got there just before we did, and the bar thought they were us.  Eventually they got it straightened out, and we got our tables.  Just a nice night for a ride, a good group of folks, and I'm really happy the route worked out well.

No comments: