Saturday, November 21, 2009

To ride or not...

This is probably the last good day we're going to get this year for riding. November 21st and it's sunny, and the temp will get above 50!! Tomorrow it may snow. The RC is calling for an "informal" ride.

I've got a scratchy throat - probably coming down with what the kids had last week, bless 'em.
Switching from riding to guitar for the winter.
My bike's electrical system developed some kind of short right as I put it away after the last ride. I think I can fix it, if nothing got seriously damaged. The wiring under the front fairing was smoking, but it didn't start until I was rooting around in the spare battery box for my garage door opener. I bet I took some of the old police accessory wires and crossed them or something.

Oh, what the heck, put on the long underwear, put electrical tape on the wires, and go for it!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So does that mean your blog is going to transform into Virago Becky's Rock and Roll Guitar Blog for the winter months? :)

VBecky said...

Good question! I lost steam last year on the blog because I didn't have much motorcycle stuff to talk about over the winter. I'll still do some stuff about biking, like I've still got 3 more bikes I've owned to review, and some strange & amusing anecdotes.

I'm not a very good guitarist, and I'm only slightly better at song writing, but I may swallow my pride and put some of that out into the blogosphere. Also have a lot more about flying I can catch up on, and I will still fly occasionally.

Thanks for your interest.